I just finished my representation of “David”. He is a 40 year-old man with 7 prior felony points. He was charged last August (2016) with FELONY DWI. The prosecutor in Hennepin County was adamant. He demanded my client serve 72 months in real prison (Stillwater). Here is what we did.
- Made best judge selection
- Immediately had “David” get into an accredited chemical treatment program
- Sat on him like a mother hen, making sure he was 100% compliant and had NO dirty UAs. Made sure sat on him to ensure he remained Abstinent.
- Got numerous letters of character from his community.
- Submitted numerous legal briefs, made numerous legal arguments and submitted a Petition for Leniency (downward departure).
- We purposely dragged the case out as long as possible to show “David” WAS drug free for as long as possible. Time was our friend here.
- He made David do certain “trade secret” activities behind the scenes.
- He had his trial set for February 27th and a mandatory settlement conference with the judge, prosecutor and probation officer yesterday.